Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday 28 January 2013

DIY: Customising A Skater Skirt


So I am doing something a little bit different today, I am trying my hand at a DIY post. I always see really great ones on blogs and although I am not the most skilled or neat person when it comes to making things, I thought adding details to a skirt couldn't go a miss.


What you'll need 
Skater skirt~Mine was a velvet green one which you can see here
Iron on flowers or patterns
Lace
Needle and thread
Iron 


Step 1~ Place the iron on pieces where you would like them to go on your skirt. Making sure they are evenly spaced and balanced. 


Step 2~ Iron the little pieces on, until they are completely secure


 Step 3~ Lay your lace at the bottom of the skirt where you would like it to sit, pin in if you wish.


♥ Step 4~Sew in the lace, either by hand or with a machine.I had to shoddily do mine by hand,so please ignore that it is a bit uneven, but oh well eh?



♥ Step 5~ That is pretty much it! Try on and style to your hearts content. You could even add more lace or iron on flowers!


I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial, I thought it was a really nice way to add your own twist to a simple skirt. I am going to try and do a few more DIY type posts, just to try and gain confidence in making creative bits and bobs. 

Also for any of you into beauty, there is a really great giveaway going on over at the lovecats inc blog and it is really worth entering, as there are some lovely treats to be won!



6 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I love it. Great job, girl.

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog this week. :)

    xoxo
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy!
    I will be sure to look out for your giveaway xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah it turned out absolutely adorable!! I want to try something like this :)

    xo inventedromance.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, oh this is so pretty. I love how the daisies match your tights. It's truly a one of a kind piece now :D

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous!! Adorable and the jewel-tone to the skirt itself is just lovely!

    flawedfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good idea! Love it!
    I hope you'll post this kind of tutorials more:)

    Now I'm gonna dig into your blog! (so inspirational)

    ReplyDelete