Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 2 January 2018

2018: A fresh new start



As I sit here in my Pyjamas, eating leftover Toblerone and listening to the wind blowing up a storm outside, I can finally begin to reflect on the year. A day too late I know, but the whole Christmas/ New Year period is always such a whirlwind that days blend, bodies bloat and I think it takes a good day or two to let the newness sink in.

So Happy New Year my loves, let us embark on the new but give thought to the old.

Without further ado, here is my 2017 summary....

(Small) Milestones

The year began with a bang, the January cold was softened and warmed by some new kindred spirits. And, after years of wanting to move abroad, they helped me realise the beauty of nature in England and taught me of the trees and the smells of the seasons. To them I was thankful and it changed the paving of my entire year and helped me grow my own roots here.

My plant collection grew, as did my dried flowers. My room is now brimming with old and new life, you can barely move for soil and fallen bits of lavender. But it is exactly how I like it and |I hope my indoor garden can grow even more in the coming months. 

A small moon crescent with stars is now tattooed on my right rib, one of my oldest friends got a twin one with me and it was created by another of my oldest friends, who hand poked the design herself. My first tattoo made me feel elated and I hope to give it a couple more inky pals this year. 

I gained a little more confidence.
My hair got a wee bit more curly.
My friendship circle grew.
I found the most wonderful partner in my best friend. Who'd have thought? But 9 months later and here we are. I blame the Irish accent, it is a killer. 


Travel

I didn't think I would get much of any holidays last year, due to trying to save for a new camera and not having a lot of free time, but I did manage to make it to a few magical places.

Marrakesh being the first excursion back in April. My first visit to Africa and I loved it. The warmth, the colours and the spices. It's a place you can't forget in a hurry, every corner is beautifully decorated and I wanted to carry every single tile and rug I saw back on the plane with me. But alas, a few trinkets and souvenirs had to do. Plus we got to climb the Atlas mountains, which was a truly special day.

Bulgaria was the next place in September, another lovely place and it was a delight to be near the Red Sea.  But I've never drunk so much beer in my life! I was really making the most of those 70p bottles of Bulgarian brews. 

I also really enjoyed wondering around some of the cities in England- Bath, Bristol, Manchester and Liverpool were some of my favourites. I really hope to visit more of the vibrant cities that are a couple of hours drive away this year. 


Outfits

As usual here are a round-up of some of my favourite outfits from the past year. Although I feel like I am still very much a floral dress everyday kinda gal, this year I definitely lived half the week in denim and the other in 80 denier tights. I bought my first pair of Vans and a couple of pairs of dungarees and felt very much influenced by the early 90's. I had forgotten just how comfortable skate shoes can be!

I definitely had elements of a more bohemian Bethan earlier on in the year, a lot of gypsy inspired dresses and bare feet. But as we hopped into Autumn, the berets and polka dots slowly crept back into my wardrobe and now I am a jumble sale of styles. But I am really enjoying the collage and embracing each decade.


Hopes for 2018


So, for the coming year I am 100% going to cut down my hours at work, after doing pharmacy work full-time since 2009, I feel it is time to drop a day. 

Take a photo every day- doesn't matter whether it is a selfie or of a satsuma, I am going to do it.

Read at least one book a month.

Visit 3 places I haven't been to before. Also visit more people.

Cook more- because I am useless at it and love food too much not to learn.

Stretch daily.

Get rid of all the bits and bobs sitting in drawers and old handbags, there is no use for broken fans and 12 pinecones.

Show my face more on this old blog thing ! 



So, here is to this New Year. I hope it brings you all the happiness and kindness you deserve. 
Cheers lovelies!




Lots of love always









2 comments:

  1. So pleased that you had a great 2017 in so many ways and I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! Happy new year to you too xx

      Delete