Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 31 December 2016

Summing up 2016

Oh 2016, what a year it certainly has been. As we all know it has had a series of highs and lows, but rather than dwindling on the bad bits of the past 12 months, I have decided to focus on all of the positives. This year my resolution was to not miss opportunities and I certainly feel that in doing this and saying 'YES' to more things, that I have become much more confident in myself and proved that nothing is as scary as it seems.
So after a year full of adventures, turning 25, moving from the city to the country, seeing sun and snow and almost falling in love-here are my annual highlights.

Travel
This year I really had the travel bug, and after months of saving all of my wages for holidays, I was lucky enough to visit some of the most beautiful places.
Places ticked off this year.....
  • Izmir
  • Israel
  • Fethiye
  • Prague
  • Vienna
  • Budapest
  • Poland
I am very much hoping that 2017 will be filled with just as much time up in the air and exploring new and lovely cities and coasts.


Outfits
I always like to do a bit of a round-up of my yearly outfits, it is nice to document the garments I have worn to death and the places I was when wearing them. I feel my style has definitely gone a little more colourless the past few months and I really want to bring back some vibrancy and patterns in the new year. 
Flowers and Friends
As usual, this year has been made complete by all of the beautiful people around me. My family and friends have been the absolute best this year and I couldn't ask for more special and lovely people to be surrounded with daily. 
Flowers are a big big part of my life, from growing them and watering them to hanging, drying and pressing them- they have been a wonderful addition to each day. I hope to gather and create many more bits and bobs with them in the coming year. Until my house is filled to the brim with petals.
Future
We can never tell what the coming year will bring, but I hope it will be just as eventful as the last. 
I am aiming to carry on 1920's dancing, learning Turkish, discovering more music and completing my pharmacy exams.
But above all of that, to be kind and free. Oh, and maybe give up the ciggies.

Happy New Year Beauts
Lots of love always

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you - I always enjoy reading your posts!

    You have achieved so much in 2016 - my year was mundane in comparison - and I hope you reach your 2017 goals.

    I never set too many goals for myself - although I may, shock horror, buy my first ever pair of jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Bethan! I hope this year will be a fantastic one for you.

    Emma Xx
    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete